Tuesday, May 17, 2016

MY EXCERPT-2004

A true friend where I spent decades of teaching life together.
I walked into my calm classroom on Monday morning and looked at the tender faces of my students that no one believed could ever achieve success just because of their enthusiasm and minority.Knowing that I had my share of work assigned for me,I started conversing with them;asking questions and explaining classroom procedures and many more.Between Monday and Friday,something magnificent happened!Not only did we start bonding as I continued to teach them,but the roles switched and they started teaching me.It was like finding a gold mine in a valley or an oasis in a desert.

It was a refreshing and exciting moment for me as my students were very bright;As a matter of fact,they were brilliant,hilarious,hungry and begging to be fed more knowledge.Although I never doubted for a second that they were intelligent,all of this to say,no one would ever have discovered this if there was no teaching taking place in the classroom.A famous saying"If the students aren't learning,then someone isn't teaching".Which is true indeed.But what does that really say about teaching? It shows that no amount of money could ever compensate or replace the art of teaching.I realized that teaching is about finding them doing things right and watching they blossom before my eyes.

Over the years,I have even found myself fulfilling the role of teacher.The hardest thing about teaching over the years is engagement during multi-grade teaching.I taught in multi-grade school for many years and I was almost exhausted,however my determination in teaching my children helped me to prosper.

Teachers hold the key to the future both directly and indirectly.Without teachers motivating students to defy laws of nature,the world would be an empty place with miserable and violent people full of aggression.Teaching is an important tool because it takes excuses out of children's hands and replaces it with the key knowledge,hopes,love,compassion and security.It is through the daily intercourse of teaching and learning that children develop their habits and character that later determines their career.




No comments:

Post a Comment